Oakhurst Sidewalk Sale
Memorial and Labor Day Weekend!
ALL BUSINESSES ARE ENCOURAGED TO PARTICIPATE!
This is a community wide event to
promote & encourage shopping locally.
Register with the Chamber and receive FREE additional advertising as a participating merchant! There is no registration required to participate in the sidewalk sale. Merchants are encouraged to participate to the degree and in the manner of their choosing.
ANNUAL SIDEWALK GUIDELINES & SUGGESTIONS
- Sidewalk sales are specifically for businesses that own, operate, and are licensed to do business at their respective storefronts.
- Merchants should set up in front or near their business store front when possible.
- Business entrances should remain clear and open to the public.
- Pedestrian walkways should remain open to the public.
- Restaurants may set up and sell food directly in front of their business provided they adhere to all related Department of Health regulations.
- All tables, tents, chairs, signs etc. should be removed after the event.
- Collaborate with other shop owners on your block and in your complex or center
- Provide music, food, giveaways or drawings
- Partner with other local vendors
- Offer a special sale or discount to your customers on this weekend such as:
- % discount or special offer for using Mountain Bucks gift certificates
- $5 off $25/$50/$XX purchase
- $5 off future purchase
- % discount for showing a purchase receipt from another local shop during the weekend
- advertise an existing promotion, special or discounted item
- Promote the Sidewalk Sale and incorporate into your existing promotions and advertising.
- Put a flyer in your window,
- Put a flyer on your door.
- Post the flyer on your website
- Include the event on your social media posting and newsletters
- Hang a banner on your store front. Use of the Sidewalk Sale logo is free.
The Chamber Merchant Retail Committee is sponsoring this event for the benefit of the entire Oakhurst Area business community. This is the same committee that has brought you the Mountain Bucks gift certificate program to promote & encourage shopping locally.
Contact the Chamber at 559-683-7766 or email@example.com if you would like more information or to be involved.